eConsult - A quick and easy way of getting in contact with us and making your health care easier for you.
Welcome to our Practice Website
We aim to provide all of our patients with a comprehensive services covering one-off problems to longer term illnesses. Feel free to explore the site and find out how you and your family can benefit from our personal and professional approach to healthcare provision.
Our Mission Statement
Henfield Medical Centre is dedicated to putting people first: both patients and staff alike.
We continually strive to meet the highest standards of care and service whilst offering the best of expert generalist personal care in the most effective manner.
LATEST NEWS ON COVID-19
FAQ on COVID-19
Please click HERE to see our answers to your frequently asked questions.
Are you aged between 13-19 years old?
If yes please click HERE for further information.
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It's caused by a virus called coronavirus.
Information for health professionals can be found HERE.
STAY AT HOME TO STOP CORONAVIRUS SPREADING
Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
You should only leave your house for 1 of 4 reasons:
- For work, where you cannot work from home
- Going to shops that are permitted to be open - to get things like food and medicine
- To exercise or spend time outdoors
- Any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid injury or illness, escape risk of harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable.
ENSURE YOU ARE 2 METRES APART FROM ANYONE OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSEHOLD.
You do NOT need to contact 111 to tell them you're staying at home.
Further advice on what you can and cannot do click HERE.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often - do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Wash your hands as soon as you get back home
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
- Stay at home, especially if you are showing symptoms or anyone in your household is self-isolating
- Touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Visit friends and family in their homes
- Exercise in an indoor sports court, gym or leisure centre, or go swimming in a public pool
- Use an outdoor gym or playground
- Visit a private ticketed attraction
- Gather in a group of more than two(excluding members of your household), except for a few exceptions that can be found on the link above.
An isolation information pack has also been created specifically for those over 70 in isolation.
We urge all of our patients to read through as there are helpful tips, exercises and activities for all to do during isolation.
For the pack please click HERE
URGENT ADVICE: Use the NHS 111 online service if:
- You feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- Your condition gets worse
- Your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
ONLY CALL 111 IF YOU CANNOT GET HELP ONLINE.
Treatment for coronavirus
There is currently no specific treatment for coronavirus; antibiotics DO NOT help, as they do not work against viruses.
Treatment aims to to relieve the symptoms while your body fights the illness.
Advice on Vitamin D Supplements
For advice on taking supplements, including Vitamin D during COVID-19 please click HERE.
Advice for those with Diabetes
For further information and a helpline for those with diabetes please click HERE.
What to tell your children?
Please click HERE for a book that has been written for children to give information on the Coronavirus without fear.
Join a COVID-19 clinical trial
The PRINCIPLE trial aims to find treatments that reduce hospital admission and improve symptoms for people with COVID-19. You could be eligible to join if
- You have had these symptoms for fewer than 15 days:
- a continuous new or worsening cough
- a high temperature
- You are aged 50 to 64 with a pre-existing illness
- You are aged 65 and above
Find out more principletrial.org
Henfield Medical Practice
Henfield Medical Practice has 6 GP Partners, 1 Salaried GP and 1 Practice Manager
We are a training and dispensing practice operating from two sites, the main surgery at Henfield and a branch surgery at Partridge Green. The practice area is mainly rural and has a growing population due to local development. We offer a range of primary care services.
We operate from well equipped, purpose built premises. Woodlawn Surgery is our branch surgery located in Partridge Green, approximately 3 miles north of Henfield.
We employ a team of nurses, including an Advanced Nurse Practitioner and a Nurse Practitioner as well as Health Care Assistants offering phlebotomy and health clinics.
We also work closely with the Community Nurses, Health Visitors and Midwives.
The Clinical staff are supported by a team of ancillary staff.
The practice uses SystmOne Clinical Software and is an electronic paper-light surgery.
The Practice consistently achieves high on the Quality and Outcomes Framework, and is committed to running Enhanced Services offered by Coastal West Sussex CCG and the full range of Locally Commissioned Services.
We have an active patient participation group who have helped build a good relationship between the surgery and patients. The PPG produce a six monthly newsletter and help patient education by arranging regular consultant talks. The PPG also help to raise funds for a local trust set up to assist with the purchase of equipment for the surgery.
Try the new NHS App
You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record and more.
If you already use our Online Access service you can continue to use it. You can use the NHS App as well.
For more information go to our Online Services page and Click on this Link which will direct you to the NHS website with more information.
As well as being able to see when we are open at the click of a mouse we’ve made it easier for you to do a number of things. Check out how to order a repeat prescription or book an appointment or cancel your appointment online. If you are not already registered to use our on-line services please click here to register.
Joining The Practice
is easy with online forms also available and appointment slots to suit most patients’ timetables. You’ll enjoy a confidential service in comfortable surroundings from a helpful and dedicated team.
Change of address